Ten years have passed already since the Logan was launched in western Europe in 2005, heralding the dawn of a bright new era for the Romanian brand Dacia, whose Renault-led rebirth proved to be the catalyst for unprecedented levels of success across the continent. To celebrate these 10 glorious years, Dacia is pulling out all the stops with the production of special anniversary limited-edition versions of every model in its range (with the exception of the Dokker Van). These limited-edition vehicles remain true to the brand’s ethos and image, since they will be well-equipped while remaining simple at heart, and will come in an exclusive Cosmos Blue finish. They will stand out through their distinctive styling trims and will be available with a new multimedia and navigation package: Dacia MEDIA NAV Evolution.
Exclusive new Cosmos Blue finish
Blue is the colour traditionally associated with the Dacia brand, and these special limited-edition versions will pay tribute to that by including a Cosmos Blue livery amongst the available paint options. The same blue is also discreetly carried over inside the cabin.
Attention to detail for the exterior
The anniversary limited-edition versions stand out through a series of specific styling features, including Dark Metal alloy wheels and door mirror housings.
A carefully-appointed interior
Subtle touches of blue are also to be found inside the cabin with Sombre Blue touches on the upholstery, as well as tasteful grey top-stitching and blue-hued seat belts. Special blue-edged floor mats (except Lodgy and Dokker) add to the cabin’s subdued, elegant feel suggested by the exterior.
The generously-equipped limited-edition versions are based on the models’ corresponding Lauréate equipment levels. This includes standard climate control for comfort, cruise control with speed limiter for safety and peace of mind, and an exclusive leather-trimmed steering wheel, plus the Dacia MEDIA NAV Evolution multimedia system.
Dacia MEDIA NAV Evolution: a new multimedia and navigation package
The new-generation, user-friendly MEDIA NAV Evolution navigation system complete with a large touch screen display that is now in colour. It comes with even more functions thanks to the addition of smartphone, USB and Bluetooth® connectivity, TMC (Traffic Message Channel) information and hazard alerts.
The new features of MEDIA NAV Evolution in detail
- On-board GPS navigation, incorporating TMC traffic information with suggested alternative itineraries,
- Safety alerts (hazards, etc.),
- Smartphone connectivity: on the main display, users will have access to the multimedia content they have pre-selected using the AHA application, downloadable free-of-charge from their smartphone (Android or iOS). This application gives them full in-car access to their library of multimedia content (web radios, podcasts, music, audio books), in addition to social networks Facebook® and Twitter®. It also provides real-time information about nearby points of interest such as hotels or restaurants. Moreover, it enables occupants to contact these establishments by telephone and automatically set the relevant POI as the navigation system’s destination,
- The vehicle is equipped with steering wheel-mounted controls that provide access to Apple’s SIRI voice recognition function (compatible with the IPhone® 4S and above),
- A thoroughly modern, colour interface with new icons.
Dacia MEDIA NAV Evolution retains all of the qualities that made MEDIA NAV so successful: a large 18cm (7-inch) touch screen display and a home page that enables simple navigation across six different areas: radio, multimedia, phone, maps, navigation (with 2D and Birdview display) and settings. Mobile devices such as smartphones or MP3 players can be connected to either the USB port or jack socket, which – in evidence of the excellent ergonomics – are simple to access on the fascia. The Bluetooth® function means Dacia MEDIA NAV Evolution users can also take advantage of the audio-streaming feature to wirelessly listen to songs and playlists stored on their smartphone.
A limited edition available with a large choice of engines
The limited-edition versions are available with engines from the current Dacia range and in both two- and four-wheel-drive configuration for the Duster.
Three-year/100,000km Dacia warranty
As with every model in the Dacia range, the 10th anniversary limited-edition versions come with a three-year/100,000km warranty (whichever threshold is reached first).
Dacia will celebrate the 10th anniversary of its renaissance at the Geneva International Motor Show where all of the brand’s special limited-edition models will be on display.